Extensions for 3D Graphics Rendering Engine Used for Direct Tessellation of Spline Surfaces
In current 3D graphics architectures, the bus between the triangle server and the rendering engine GPU is clogged with triangle vertices and their many attributes (normal vectors, colors, texture coordinates).
We have developed a new 3D graphics architecture using data compression to unclog the bus between the triangle server and the rendering engine. This new architecture has been described in . In the present paper we describe further developments of the newly proposed architecture.
The current paper shows several interesting extensions of our architecture such as backsurface rejection, NURBS real time tesselation and a description of a surface based API. We also show how the implementation of our architecture operates on top of the pixel shaders.
- Extensions for 3D Graphics Rendering Engine Used for Direct Tessellation of Spline Surfaces
- Book Title
- Computational Science – ICCS 2006
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, Reading, UK, May 28-31, 2006. Proceedings, Part II
- pp 215-222
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Advanced Computing and Emerging Technologies Centre, The School of Systems Engineering, University of Reading
- 17. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Amsterdam
- 18. Faculty of Sciences, Section of Computational Science, University of Amsterdam
- 19. Computer Science Department, University of Tennessee
- Author Affiliations
- 20. University of California, Berkeley
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.