Multi-stage Detailed Placement Algorithm for Large-Scale Mixed-Mode Layout Design
- Lijuan LuoAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- , Qiang ZhouAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- , Xianlong HongAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- , Hanbin ZhouAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
Quadratic/Analytical placement methods have been widely used in the latest IC design process. This kind of placement needs a powerful detailed placement method for large-scale mixed macro and standard cell placement. An efficient and effective multi- stage iterative detailed placement (MSIP) algorithm is proposed in this paper. It combines a better initial placement based on combinatorial optimization method with a deterministic local search for post optimization. Various strategies are used for saving computation time. Experimental results show that it can get an average of 22% wire length improvement comparing to PAFLO  in comparable runtime.
- Multi-stage Detailed Placement Algorithm for Large-Scale Mixed-Mode Layout Design
- Book Title
- Computational Science and Its Applications – ICCSA 2005
- Book Subtitle
- International Conference, Singapore, May 9-12, 2005, Proceedings, Part IV
- pp 896-905
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Perugia
- 17. Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary
- 18. William Norris Professor, Head of the Computer Science and Engineering Department, University of Minnesota
- 19. Department of Chemistry, University of Perugia
- 20. Institute of High Performance Computing, IHCP
- 21. School of Computing, Soongsil University
- 22. Clayton School of IT, Monash University
- 23. OptimaNumerics Ltd
- Author Affiliations
- 24. Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ., Beijing, China
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.