Gender Equity: Perspectives on Maternal and Child Health
- Rachel TolhurstAffiliated withInternational Health Research Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- , Joanna RavenAffiliated withLiverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- , Sally TheobaldAffiliated withLiverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Explain terminologies commonly used in the gender and health literature, including sex, gender, gender roles and relations, women’s health gender analysis, gender equity, gender mainstreaming, gender divisions of labor, gender norms, gender identity, and bargaining positions.
Use specific examples to illustrate how gender influences maternal, infant, and child health status and access to health care.
Analyze the importance of mainstreaming gender into global health at the policy, health provider, and community levels.
Identify current gaps in knowledge and priorities for future research and practice.
- Gender Equity: Perspectives on Maternal and Child Health
- Book Title
- Maternal and Child Health
- Book Subtitle
- Global Challenges, Programs, and Policies
- pp 151-166
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- John Ehiri (ID1)
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. School of Public Health, University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Author Affiliations
- 1. International Health Research Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, L3 5QA, Liverpool, England, UK
- 2. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, England
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.