Time-stamping with binary linking schemes
We state the basic requirements for time-stamping systems applicable as the necessary support to the legal use of electronic documents. We analyze the main drawbacks of the time-stamping systems proposed to date and present a new system that meets all the stated requirements. We prove that these requirements cannot be significantly tightened.
- Michael Burrows, Martín Abadi, and Roger Needham. A Logic of Authentication. SRC Research Reports 39, DEC's System Research Center, February 1989.
- Josh Benaloh and Michael de Mare. Efficient Broadcast time-stamping. Technical Report 1, Clarkson University Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, August 1991.
- Dave Bayer, Stuart Haber, and W. Scott Stornetta. Improving the efficiency and reliability of digital time-stamping. In Sequences'91: Methods in Communication, Security, and Computer Science, pages 329–334. Springer-Verlag, 1992.
- Stephen W. Hawking. A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes. Bantam Books, April 1988.
- Stuart Haber and W.-Scott Stornetta. How to Time-Stamp a Digital Document. Journal of Cryptology, 3(2):99–111, 1991. CrossRef
- Stuart Haber and W.-Scott Stornetta. Secure Names for Bit-Strings. In Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pages 28–35, April 1997.
- Mike Just. Some Timestamping Protocol Failures. In Internet Society Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security, 1998. Available at http://www.ses.carleton.ca/~just/.
- Alfred J. Menezes, Paul C. Van Oorschot, and Scott A. Vanstone. Handbook of Applied Cryptography. CRC Press, 1996.
- Henry Massias and Jean Jacques Quisquater. Time and Cryptography. Technical report, Université catholique de Louvain, March 1997. TIMESEC Technical Report WP1.
- Time-stamping with binary linking schemes
- Book Title
- Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO '98
- Book Subtitle
- 18th Annual International Cryptology Conference Santa Barbara, California, USA August 23–27, 1998 Proceedings
- pp 486-501
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.