Ada in the JAS 39 Gripen flight control system
- Bo Frisberg
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The positive experiences from the usage of Ada in a safety critical flight control system are described in this paper. It states that preemptive scheduling implemented with tasking, can be combined with high requirements on reliability and a deterministic behaviour. How data consistency has been obtained between the periodic tasks is outlined. Also the exception handling in the system is mentioned.
- SPARK-The SPADE Ada Kernel, Edition 3.1, Program Validation Ltd., May 1992.
- Ada 95 Language Reference Manual, International Standard ISO/IEC-8652:1995.
- L. Sha and J. B. Goodenough, Real-Time Scheduling Theory and Ada, IEEE Computer, Apr., 1990.
- M. H. Klein, J. P. Lehoczky and R Rajkumar, Rate-Monotonic Analysis for Real-Time Industrial Computing, IEEE Computer, Jan., 1994.
- ARIANE 5, Flight 501 Failure, Report by the Inquiry Board, Paris, 19 July 1996.
- D. Folkesson, Principles for Real-Time Execution in Swedish Avionics Systems (in Swedish), SNART 2nd Conference on Real Time Systems in Stockholm 1993.
- Ada in the JAS 39 Gripen flight control system
- Book Title
- Reliable Software Technologies — Ada-Europe
- Book Subtitle
- 1998 Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies Uppsala, Sweden, June 8–12, 1998 Proceedings
- pp 288-296
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Flight control system
- Safety critical
- Exception handling
- Data consistency
- Preemptive scheduling
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.