In this paper we consider a new type of cryptographic scheme, which can decode concealed images without any cryptographic computations. The scheme is perfectly secure and very easy to implement. We extend it into a visual variant of the k out of n secret sharing problem, in which a dealer provides a transparency to each one of the n users; any k of them can see the image by stacking their transparencies, but any k−1 of them gain no information about it.
- Alon, N., Bruck, J., Naor, J., Naor, M., Roth, R. (1992) Construction of asymptotically good, low-rate error-correcting codes through pseudo-random graphs. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 38: pp. 509-516 CrossRef
- Alon, N., Goldreich, O., Hastad, J., Peralta, R. (1992) Simple constructions of almost k-wise independent random variables. Random Structures and Algorithms 3: pp. 289-304
- N. Alon and J. Spencer, The probabilistic method, Wiley, 1992.
- Carter, J. L., Wegman, M. N. (1979) Universal classes of hash functions. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 18: pp. 143-154 CrossRef
- J. Kahn, N. Linial and A. Samorodnitsky, Inclusion-exlusion: exact and approximate, manuscript.
- Linial, N., Nisan, N. (1990) Approximate inclusion-exlusion. Combinatorica 10: pp. 349-365 CrossRef
- MacWilliams, F. J., Sloane, N. J. A. (1977) The theory of error correcting codes. North Holland, Amsterdam
- Naor, J., Naor, M. (1993) Small bias probability spaces: efficient constructions and applications. SIAM J. on Computing 22: pp. 838-856 CrossRef
- Wegman, M. N., Carter, J. L. (1981) New hash functions and their use in authentication and set equality. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 22: pp. 265-279 CrossRef
- Visual cryptography
- Book Title
- Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT'94
- Book Subtitle
- Workshop on the Theory and Application of Cryptographic Techniques Perugia, Italy, May 9–12, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 1-12
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.