In this paper we consider a new type of cryptographic scheme, which can decode concealed images without any cryptographic computations. The scheme is perfectly secure and very easy to implement. We extend it into a visual variant of the k out of n secret sharing problem, in which a dealer provides a transparency to each one of the n users; any k of them can see the image by stacking their transparencies, but any k−1 of them gain no information about it.
- N. Alon, J. Bruck, J. Naor, M. Naor and R. Roth, Construction of asymptotically good, low-rate error-correcting codes through pseudo-random graphs, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 38 (1992), 509–516. CrossRef
- N. Alon, O. Goldreich, J. Hastad and R. Peralta, Simple constructions of almost k-wise independent random variables, Random Structures and Algorithms 3 (1992), 289–304.
- N. Alon and J. Spencer, The probabilistic method, Wiley, 1992.
- J. L. Carter and M. N. Wegman, Universal classes of hash functions, Journal of Computer and System Sciences 18 (1979), pp. 143–154. CrossRef
- J. Kahn, N. Linial and A. Samorodnitsky, Inclusion-exlusion: exact and approximate, manuscript.
- N. Linial and N. Nisan, Approximate inclusion-exlusion, Combinatorica 10, 1990, pp. 349–365. CrossRef
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The theory of error correcting codes, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.
- J. Naor and M. Naor, Small bias probability spaces: efficient constructions and applications, SIAM J. on Computing, vol 22, 1993, pp. 838–856. CrossRef
- M. N. Wegman and J. L. Carter, New hash functions and their use in authentication and set equality, Journal of Computer and System Sciences 22, pp. 265–279 (1981). CrossRef
- Visual cryptography
- Book Title
- Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT'94
- Book Subtitle
- Workshop on the Theory and Application of Cryptographic Techniques Perugia, Italy, May 9–12, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 1-12
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.