Simulation data analysis using Fuzzy Graphs
Analysis of simulation models has gained considerable interest in the past. However, their complexity still remains a considerable drawback in practical applications. A promising concept is to analyze the data from simulation experiments. Existing approaches are either restricted to simple models or are hard to interpret. We present an efficient algorithm that constructs a fuzzy graph model from simulation data and we show that the resulting system approximates also complex model functions with an adjustable precision. In addition the Fuzzy Graph allows the analyst to directly access easy to interpret if-then-rules. These rules help to understand the original simulation model, which is shown with a real world token bus model.
- Michael R. Berthold and Klaus-Peter Huber. Building fuzzy graphs from examples. In IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 1, pages 608–613, September 1996.
- Linda W. Friedman and Israel Pressman. The metamodel in simulation analysis: Can it be trusted? Journal of the Operational Research Society, 39(10):939–948, 1988.
- Charles M. Higgins and Rodney M. Goodman. Learning fuzzy rule-based neural networks for control. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 5, pages 350–357, California, 1993. Morgan Kaufmann.
- Klaus-Peter Huber and Michael R. Berthold. Building precise classifiers with automatic rule extraction. In IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, 3, pages 1263–1268, 1995.
- Klaus-Peter Huber and Helena Szczerbicka. Sensitivity analysis of simulation models with decision tree algorithms. In Proceedings of the European Simulation Symposium ESS'94, volume 1, pages 43–47, 1994.
- J.P.C. Kleijnen. Regression metamodels for generalizing simulation results. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 9(2):93–96, 1979. CrossRef
- Henri Pierreval. Rule-based simulation metamodels. European Journal of Operational Research, 61:6–17, 1992. CrossRef
- Patrick K. Simpson. Fuzzy min-max neural networks — part 2: Clustering. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 1(1):32–45, january 1993. CrossRef
- Volkmar Uebele, Shigeo Abe, and Ming-Shong Lan. A neural-network-based fuzzy classifier. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 25(2), february 1995.
- Li-Xin Wang and Jerry M. Mendel. Generating rules by learning from examples. In International Symposium on Intelligent Control, pages 263–268. IEEE, 1991.
- Lotfi A. Zadeh. Soft computing and fuzzy logic. IEEE Software, pages 48–56, november 1994.
- Simulation data analysis using Fuzzy Graphs
- Book Title
- Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis Reasoning about Data
- Book Subtitle
- Second International Symposium, IDA-97 London, UK, August 4–6, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 347-358
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.