Partial model checking with ROBDDs
- Henrik Reif AndersenAffiliated withDepartment of Information Technology, Technical University of Denmark
- , Jørgen StaunstrupAffiliated withDepartment of Information Technology, Technical University of Denmark
- , Niels MarettiAffiliated withDepartment of Information Technology, Technical University of Denmark
This paper introduces a technique for localizing model checking of concurrent state-based systems. The technique, called partial model checking, is fully automatic and performs model checking by gradually specializing the specification with respect to the concurrent components one by one, computing a “concurrent weakest precondition.” Specifications are invariance properties and the concurrent components axe sets of transitions. Both are expressed as predicates represented by Reduced Ordered Binary Decision Diagrams (ROBDDs). The self-reducing properties of ROBDDs are important for the success of the technique.
We describe experimental results obtained on four different examples.
- Partial model checking with ROBDDs
- Book Title
- Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems
- Book Subtitle
- Third International Workshop, TACAS'97 Enschede, The Netherlands, April 2–4, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 35-49
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.