A generic formulation of neural nets as a model of parallel and self-programming computation
In the same way the more conventional fields of computer science need some theory, including the mathematical foundations of the calculus and the establishment of formal models, neural computation also needs its own. The basic requirements of this model are modularity, “small grain”, high connectivity, parametric local computation and some capacity of self-programming by means of the adjustment of these parameters.
We present here a proposal in this line that allows the integration in a single frame of all current models (analogic, logic and inferential) and makes clear the natural way to bridge the symbolic and connectionistic perspectives of AI extending the model of local computation to hierarchic graphs, building networks by joining graphs and studying the set of operators we need for modifying local computation parameters values.
- J. Mira, et al. Aspectos básicos de la inteligencia artificial. (Sanz y Torres, 1995).
- J. Mira, et al. Cooperative processes at the symbolic level in cerebral dynamics: reliability and fault tolerance. In Brain Processes Theories and Models, R. Moreno-Díaz and J. Mira (Eds.) (The MIT Press. Cambridge, MA, 1995).
- J. Mira and A.E. Delgado. Computación neuronal, in Aspectos básicos de la inteligencia artificial, Cap. 11, 485–575. J. Mira, et al. (Eds.) (Sanz y Torres, 1995).
- N. J. Nilsson. Principles of Artificial Intelligence. (Tioga Publishing, 1980).
- D.E. Rumelhart, et al. Learning internal representations by error propagation, in Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in the Microestructures of Cognition, Vol. 1, 318–362. D.E Rumelhart and J.L. McClelland (Eds.) (Cambridge, MA. The MIT Press, 1986)
- P. H. Winston. Artificial Intelligence, Third Edition. (Addison Wesley, 1992).
- A generic formulation of neural nets as a model of parallel and self-programming computation
- Book Title
- Biological and Artificial Computation: From Neuroscience to Technology
- Book Subtitle
- International Work-Conference on Artificial and Natural Neural Networks, IWANN'97 Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain, June 4–6, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 195-206
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.