Network formation by chain crosslinking photopolymerization and its applications in electronics
- Johan G. KloosterboerAffiliated withPhilips Research Laboratories
The coating of optical fibers;
The replication of optical discs;
The replication of aspherical lenses, used for laser read-out of these discs.
Other important processes will only be mentioned briefly for the benefit of a discussion of more fundamental results that have been obtained during the study of the selected examples. These results relate to the crosslink density, the influence of light intensity on polymer structure, the relation between shrinkage and chemical conversion, a parallel with physical aging, kinetics during vitrification, the importance of chain transfer, the build-up of peroxides in photopolymers and computer simulation of network formation by crosslinking polymerization. This serves to illustrate the continuous interaction between development of applications and fundamental research.
- Network formation by chain crosslinking photopolymerization and its applications in electronics
- Book Title
- Electronic Applications
- pp 1-61
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Advances in Polymer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Philips Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 80.000, 5600 JA, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.