Some closed form results for circuit switching in a hypercube network
We consider circuit switching in a hypercube network where each session has to establish a dedicated connection (or circuit) to a destination node for a random length of time. We first obtain an expression for the steady-state probability that a session successfully establishes a circuit, and then obtain analytic expressions for various delay parameters, such as the time between the arrival of a session and the time it is completed (including input queueing delays). The analytic expressions allow the delay parameters to be calculated without performing costly fixed-point iterations, and show how these parameters depend on the session arrival rate and the hypercube dimension.
- Bertsekas, D., Gallager, R (1992) Data Networks. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Chlamtac, L, Ganz, A., and Kienzle, M., “A perf. model of a connection based hypercube interconnection system,” Proc. Fifth Int'l Conf. Comp. Perf. Eval., Torino, Italy, pp. 215–218, 13–15 February, 1991.
- Ciciani, B., and Tucci, S., “On modeling link conflict resolution strategies for circuit-switching hypercubes,” Proc. Adv. Comp. Tech., Reliable Systems, and Appl., CompEuro'91, pp. 662–666, May 1991.
- Grunwald, D. C. and Reed, D. A., “Networks for parallel processors: measurements and prognostications,” Conf. on Hyp. Multiprocessors, Pasadena, CA, pp. 610–619, January 1988.
- Grunwald, D. C., Reed, D. A. (1989) Analysis of backtracking routing in binary hypercube Computers. Resch. Rep. UIUCDCS-R-89-1486. Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Sharma, V., and Varvarigos, E. A., “Closed form results for circuit switching in a hypercube network with input queueing,” Tech. Rep. CIPR-9602, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara. (Available via anonymous ftp from spetses.ece.ucsb.edu: /pub/manos/papers. Filename: hcube_cipr9602.ps.)
- Some closed form results for circuit switching in a hypercube network
- Book Title
- Euro-Par'96 Parallel Processing
- Book Subtitle
- Second International Euro-Par Conference Lyon, France, August 26–29, 1996 Proceedings, Volume II
- pp 738-742
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.