Guidance for requirements engineering processes
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Guidance plays a crucial role in requirements engineering as this task is both ill defined and highly intellectual. Guidance can be provided once the goal to be achieved has been identified. Two kinds of guidance are proposed, point and flow guidance. The former supports the fulfillment of goals whereas the latter helps in goal identification. Guidance is driven by guidelines which we have modelled as processes instantiated from a process meta-model just as any other, normal process is. Finally, guidelines are modular. This makes possible the rapid modification of guidelines. The paper presents the two types of guidance, the corresponding guidelines and the tool environment which supports the enactment of guidelines.
- P. Armenise, S. Bandinelli, C. Ghezzi, A. Morzenti, “A survey and assessment of software process representation formalisms”, Int. Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1993.
- [BCNa, 92] C. Batini, S. Ceri, S. Navathe, “Conceptual Data Base Design: an ER approach”, Benjamin/Cummings (Pub. ), 1992.
- P. Bergsten, J.A. Bubenko, R. Dahl, M. Gustafsson L.A. Johasson “RAMATIC — a CASE Shell for Implementation of Specific CASE Tools”, Tech. report SISU, Stockholm, Sweden, 1889.
- M. Dowson: Software Process Themes and Issues. In Proceedings of the second International Conference on the Software Process, February 1993.
- P. H. Feiler, W. S. Humphrey, “Software Process Development and Enactment Concepts and Definitions”, Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on “Software Process”, 1993.
- M. Jarke, K. Pohl, C. Rolland, J. R. Schmitt, “Experience-Based Method Evaluation and Improvement: A Process Modeling Approach”, Int. IFIP WG8. 1 Conference in CRIS series: Method and associated Tools for the Information Systems Life Cycle”, North Holland (Pub. ), 1994.
- P. Martiin, M. Rossi, V-P. Tahvainen, K. Lyytinen, “A comparative review of CASE shells-a preliminary framework and research outcomes”, published in Information and Management, 25, 1993, ppll–31.
- [RoGr, 94] C. Rolland, G. Grosz: A General Framework For describing a Requirements Engineering Process. In proceedings of the Int. Conf. on man systems and cybernetics, ICMSC94, san Antonio, Texas USA, October 1994.
- [Rol, 94]. Rolland C., “A Contextual Approach to modeling the Requirements Engineering Process”, SEKE'94, 6th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vilnius, Lithuania, 1994
- C. Rolland, N. Prakash, “Guiding the Requirements Engineering Process”, in the Proceedings of the IEEE Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC), 1994
- Rolland C., Souveyet C., Moreno M. “An Approach for Defining Ways-Of-Working”, to appear in the Information Systems Jounral in 1995.
- J. Rumbaugh, M. Blaha, W. Premerlani, F. Eddy, W. Loresen: “Object-oriented modeling and design”, Prentice Hall international, 1991.
- J.R. Schmitt: Product Modeling for Requirements Engineering Process Modeling. IFIP WG 8.1 Conf. On Information Systems Development Process 1993.
- Si-Said S. Ben Achour C.: “A Tool for Guiding the Requirements Engineering Process”, in Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on the Next Generation of CASE Tools, Jyvaskyla, Finland, pp 23–42,1995.
- S. Si-Said, C. Rolland, G. Grosz: “ MENTOR:A Computer Aided Requirements Engineering Environment”, in Proceedings of CAiSE' 96, Crete, GREECE, May 1996.
- K. Smolander, K. Lyytinen, V.P. Tahavanainen, P. Martiin: “MetaEdit: A Flexible Graphical Environment for Methodology Modelling”, in Proceedings of CAiSE' 91, LNCS N° 498, pp168–193, Tomdheim, Norway, 1991.
- Guidance for requirements engineering processes
- Book Title
- Database and Expert Systems Applications
- Book Subtitle
- 8th International Conference, DEXA '97 Toulouse, France, September 1–5, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 643-652
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.