Contact graphs of curves
- Petr Hliněný
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Contact graphs are a special kind of intersection graphs of geometrical objects in which we do not allow the objects to cross but only to touch each other. Contact graphs of simple curves (and line segments as a special case) in the plane are considered. Several classes of contact graphs are introduced and their properties and inclusions between them are studied. Also the relation between planar and contact graphs is mentioned. Finally, it is proved that the recognition of contact graphs of curves (line segments) is NP-complete (NP-hard) even for planar graphs.
- K. S. Booth, G. S. Lucker, Testing for the consecutive ones property, interval graphs, and graph planarity using PQ-tree algorithms, J. Comp. Systems Sci. 13 (1976), 255–265.
- A. Bouchet, Reducing prime graphs and recognizing circle graphs, Combinatorica 7 (1987), 243–254.
- G. Ehrlich, S. Even, R.E. Tarjan, Intersection graphs of curves in the plane, J. of Comb. Theory Ser. B 21 (1976), 8–20. CrossRef
- H. de Fraysseix, P.O. de Mendez, J. Pach, Representation of planar graphs by segments, 63. Intuitive Geometry (1991), 110–117.
- H. de Fraysseix, P.O. de Mendez, P. Rosenstiehl, On triangle contact graphs, Combinatorics, Probability and Computing 3 (1994), 233–246.
- H. de Fraysseix, P.O. de Mendez, to appear.
- M.R. Garey, D.S. Johnson, Computers and Intractability, W.H. Freeman and Company, New York 1979.
- F. Gavril, Algorithms for a maximum clique and maximum independent set of a circle graph, Networks 4 (1973), 261–273.
- P. Hliněný, Contact graphs of curves, KAM Preprint Series 95-285, Dept. of Applied Math., Charles University, Czech rep., 1995.
- P. Koebe, Kontaktprobleme der konformen Abbildung, Berichte über die Verhandlungen der Sächsischen, Akad. d. Wiss., Math.-Physische Klasse 88 (1936), 141–164.
- J. Kratochvíl, String graphs II: Recognizing string graphs is NP-hard, J. of Comb. Theory Ser. B 1 (1991), 67–78. CrossRef
- J. Kratochvíl, J. Matoušek, Intersection graphs of segments, J. of Comb. Theory Ser. B 2 (1994), 289–315. CrossRef
- J. Kratochvíl, J. Matoušek, String graphs requiring exponential representations, J. of Comb. Theory Ser. B 2 (1991), 1–4. CrossRef
- C.B. Lekkerkerker, J.C. Boland, Representation of finite graphs by a set of intervals on the real line, Fund. Math. 51 (1962), 45–64.
- S. Roberts, On the boxicity and cubicity of a graph, in “Recent Progresses in Combinatorics” 301–310, Academic Press, New York, 1969.
- F.W. Sinden, Topology of thin film RC-circuits, Bell System Techn. J. (1966), 1639–1662.
- C. Thomassen, presentation at Graph Drawing '93, Paris, 1993.
- Contact graphs of curves
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- Symposium on Graph Drawing, GD '95 Passau, Germany, September 20–22, 1995 Proceedings
- pp 312-323
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.