Interactive proof systems and alternating time-space complexity
- Lance FortnowAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science, University of Chicago
- , Carsten LundAffiliated withDept. of Computer Science, University of Chicago
We show a rough equivalence between alternating time-space complexity and a public-coin interactive proof system with the verifier having a polynomial related time-space complexity. Special cases include
All of NC has interactive proofs with a log-space polynomial-time public-coin verifier vastly improving the best previous lower bound of LOGCFL for this model .
All languages in P have interactive proofs with a polynomial-time public-coin verifier using o(log2 n) space.
All exponential-time languages have interactive proof systems with public-coin polynomial-space exponential-time verifiers.
- Interactive proof systems and alternating time-space complexity
- Book Title
- STACS 91
- Book Subtitle
- 8th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science Hamburg, Germany, February 14–16, 1991 Proceedings
- pp 263-274
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.