Asymptotic study of estimation problems with small observation noise
- Jean Picard
- … show all 1 hide
In this paper, we study the nonlinear filtering of multidimensional diffusions which are measured in a low noise channel. We describe approximate filters which are solutions of stochastic differential equations driven by the observation process; upper bounds for the corresponding approximation errors are given. The proof is detailed in a particular case where the result can be improved; in particular, the efficiency of the extended Kalman filter is studied.
- A. Bensoussan, On some singular perturbation problems arising in nonlinear filtering, Proc. Stoch. Control Conf. (Minneapolis 1986), to appear.
- Bobrovsky, B.Z., Zakaï, M. (1982) Asymptotic a priori estimates for the error in the nonlinear filtering problem. IEEE Trans. Inform. Th. IT-28: pp. 371-376
- Hijab, O. (1984) Asymptotic Bayesian estimation of a first order equation with small diffusion. Annals of Proba. 12: pp. 890-902
- Katzur, R., Bobrovsky, B.Z., Schuss, Z. (1984) Asymptotic analysis of the optimal filtering problem for one-dimensional diffusions measured in a low noise channel. SIAM J. Applied Math. 44: pp. 591-604
- E. Mayer-Wolf, M. Zakaï and O. Zeitouni, On the memory length of the optimal nonlinear filter, Proc. Stoch. Control Conf. (Minneapolis 1986), to appear.
- J. Picard, Nonlinear filtering of one-dimensional diffusions in the case of a high signal-to-noise ratio, SIAM J. Applied Math., to appear.
- J. Picard, Filtrage de diffusions vectorielles faiblement bruitées, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Analysis and Optimization of Systems (Antibes 1986), Lect. N. in Control and Inform. Sci. 83, Springer, 1986.
- J. Picard, Nonlinear filtering and smoothing with high signal-to-noise ratio, Stochastic Processes in Physics and Engineering (Bielefeld 1986), Reidel, to appear.
- Asymptotic study of estimation problems with small observation noise
- Book Title
- Stochastic Modelling and Filtering
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the IFIP-WG 7/1 Working Conference Rome, Italy, December 10–14, 1984
- pp 131-146
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.