Solid-Liquid Phase Change in Porous Media: Solution by Boundary Integral Method
- Božidar Šarler
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper develops the dual reciprocity boundary integral method for solving coupled mass, momentum, and energy transport problems governed by the one-phase physical model of the solid-liquid phase change of a substance saturating a nonhomogenous porous matrix.
- Wrobel, L.C. and Brebbia, C.A. (1991) An Overview of Boundary Element Applications to Nonlinear Heat Transfer Problems, Wriggers, P., Wagner, W. (eds.), Nonlinear Computational Mechanics. Springer, Berlin, pp. 226–239.
- Šarler, B., Mavko, B. and Kuhn, G. (1993) Chapter 16: A Survey of the Attempts for the Solution of Solid-Liquid Phase Change Problems by the Boundary Element Method, Brebbia, C.A. and Wrobel, L.C. (eds.) Computational Methods for Free and Moving Boundary Problems in Heat and Fluid Flow. Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton and Elsevier Applied Science, London, pp. 373–400.
- šarler, B. and Košir, A. (1993) Solution of Melting and Solidification Problems by the Dual Reciprocity Boundary Element Method, Lewis, R.W. (ed.) Numerical Methods in Thermal Problems. Pineridge Press, Swansea, pp. 139–150.
- Šarler, B. and Košir, A. (1995) Solution of One-phase Solid-Liquid Phase Change Enthalpy Equation by the Dual Reciprocity Boundary Element Method, Wrobel, L.C. Šarler, B. and Brebbia, C.A. (eds.) Computational Modelling of Moving and Free Boundary Problems-III. Comp. Mech. Publications, Southampton, (in print).
- Šarler, B., Mavko, B. and Kuhn G. (1993) Mixture Continuum Formulation of Convection-Conduction Energy Transport in Multiconstituent Solid-Liquid Phase Change Systems for BEM Solution Techniques, Eng.Anal, Vol. 11, pp. 109–117.
- Beckermann, C. and Viskanta, R. (1988) Natural Convection Solid/Liquid Phase Change in Porous Media, Int.J.Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 31, pp. 35–46. CrossRef
- Matsumoto, K., Okada, M., Murakami, M. and Yabushita Y. (1993) Solidification of Porous Medium Saturated with Aqueous Solution in a Rectangular Cell, Int. J.Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 36, pp. 2869–2880. CrossRef
- Voller, V.R. and Swaminathan, C.R. (1991) General Source Based Method for Solidification Phase Change, Num.Heat Transfer, Vol. 19B, pp. 175–189.
- Solid-Liquid Phase Change in Porous Media: Solution by Boundary Integral Method
- Book Title
- IABEM Symposium on Boundary Integral Methods for Nonlinear Problems
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the IABEM Symposium held in Pontignano, Italy, May 28–June 3 1995
- pp 185-190
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Rome III
- 2. University of Stuttgart
- Božidar Šarler (3)
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Laboratory for Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Aškerčeva 6, 61 000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.