- A. K. Parkin
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Rockfill may be defined as a coarse-grained and free-draining material won by quarrying rock. Therefore its most obvious features are (or should be) the coarse,angular particles and the absence of pore-pressure.
- Charles, J.A. and Watts, K.S. (1980). Influence of confining pressure on shear strength of compacted rockfill.Geotechnique 30:4 pp. 353–367. CrossRef
- Fagnoul, A. (1969).Shear strength. 7th Int.Conf. Soil Mech. and Found. Engg. Mexico. Spec. Session No. 13, pp. 191–200.
- Frassoni, A.,Hegg, U.and Rossi,P.P.(1982).Large-scale laboratory tests for the mechanical characterization of granular materials for embankment dams.Proceedings,14th Int. Congr. on Large Dams, Rio de Janeiro,4:727–751.
- Fumigalli, E. (1969). Tests on cohesionless materials for rockfill dams. Proceedings, ASCE, v. 95 no. SMI, Paper 6353, pp. 313–330.
- Fumigalli, E., Mosconi, B. and Rossi, P.P. (1970).Laboratory tests on material and static models for rockfill dams.Proceedings 10th Int. Congr. on Large Dams, Montreal, 1:531–551.
- Holtz, W. G.and Gipps, H.J.(1956).Triaxial tests on pervious gravelly soils.Proceedings, ASCE, v.82 no. SMI, Paper 867.
- Kjaernsli, B. and Sande, A. (1963).Compressibility of some coarse-grained materials. Proceedings, European Conf. Soil Mech. and Found. Engg. Wiesbaden, 1 : 245–251.
- Leps, T.M. (1970). Review of shearing strength of rockfill. Proceedings, ASCE, v.96 no. SM4, Paper 7394, pp. 1159–1170.
- Lewis, J.G. (1956).Shear strength of rockfill.Proceedings, 2nd Australia - New Zealand Conf. on Soil Mech. and Found. Engg. pp. 50–52.
- Lowe, J. (1964).Shear strength of coarse embankment dam materials. Proceedings, 8th Int.Congr. Large Dams,Edinburgh, pp.745–761.
- Marachi, N.D., Chan,C.K.,Seed, H.B. and Duncan, J.M. (1969).Strength and deformation characteristics of rockfill materials.Report TE-69-5,Univ.of California,Berkeley.
- Marachi, N.D., Chan, C.K. and Seed, H.B. (1972). Evaluation of properties of rockfill materials.Proceedings, ASCE, v.98 no. SMI, Paper 8672, pp. 95–114.
- Marachi, N.D., Seed, H.B. and Chan, C.K. (1969).Strength characteristics of rockfill materials.7th Int. Conf. Soil Mech. and Found. Engg., Mexico, Spec. Session No. 13, pp. 217–224.
- Marsal, R.J.(1973).Mechanical properties of rockfill.In: Embankment-Dam Engineering, Casagrande Volume (R.C. Hirschfeld and S. J. Poulos, Eds.), pp 109– 200.
- Murley, K. (1981).Blue Rock Dam Project, Tanjil River, Victoria.ANCOLD Bulletin No. 58 (February), pp 55–61.
- Parkin, A.K. and Adikari, G.S.N. (1981). Rockfill deformation from large-scale tests. Proceedings, 10th Int. Conf. Soil Mech. and Found. Engg. Stockholm, 4:727–731.
- Parkin, A.K. (1983). Strength and compressibility of rockfill. Blue Rock Dam Project, Tanjil River. Report to State Rivers and Water Supply Commission of Victoria, No. 83/1, Dept. of Civil Eng., Monash University.
- Penman, A.D.M. and Mitchell, P.B. (1970). Initial behaviour of Scammonden Dam. Proceedings, 10th Int. Cong. on Large Dams, Montreal, 1:169–187.
- Penman, A.D.M. (1971).Rockfill.Building Research Station Current Paper 15/71 (April), 10pp.
- Penman, A. and Charles, J.A. (1976).The quality and suitability of rockfill used in dam construction.Proceedings, 12th Int. Congr. on Large Dams, Mexico City, 1 : 533–566.
- Valstad, T. and Strøm, E. (1976).Investigations of the mechanical properties of rockfill for the Svartevann Dam.Norwegian Geotechnical Institute Publ. No. 110, pp 3–8.
- Zeller, J. and Wulliman, R. (1957).The shear strength of the shell materials for the Goschenenalp Dam, Switzerland. Proceedings, 4th Int. Conf. Soil Mech. and Found. Engg., London 2:399–404.
- Rockfill Modelling
- Book Title
- Advances in Rockfill Structures
- pp 35-51
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- NATO ASI Series
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Series E: Applied Sciences
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.