Marchwood Project — 30 Kilowatts Marchwood Power Station Site
- R. D. W. Scott C Eng MIEE
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
BP Solar is about to construct a solar generation plant with a peak output of 30kW on the CEGB Marchwood Power Station site. The power output is to be integrated into the Marchwood site distribution system either to supplement the power taken from the grid network or to support individual, isolated, selected loads. Experience gained from this demonstration project will assist in the design of future rural electrification and grid linked solar generators. The system design includes a number of novel concepts. The highly redundant modules are to be mounted on a newly designed low cost structure of an easily assembled design incorporating a simple interwiring system. The DC controls facilitate four modes of operation with any combination of battery connected, grid connected and autonomous generation. The inversion sub-system is designed to accommodate these modes at a high overall through-put efficiency. Finally the monitor will provide a comprehensive range of data for instantaneous display and subsequent data analysis.
- Marchwood Project — 30 Kilowatts Marchwood Power Station Site
- Book Title
- Photovoltaic Power Generation
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the EC Contractors’ Meeting held in Hamburg/Pellworm, 12–13 July 1983
- pp 277-292
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Solar Energy R&D in the European Community
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Series C, Photovoltaic Power Generation
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.