Escape of a Subsystem in a N-Body Problem. Application to the Three Body Problem
- A. J. MedinaAffiliated withDepartamento de Astronomia, Universidad de Zaragoza
- , J. A. DurantezAffiliated withObservatorio Astronómico “Ramón Ma̲ Aller”
We have obtained sufficient conditions for escape of a subsystem formed by p particles (1 < p < n-1) in a n-body problem. This result generalize a previous result given by Patnaik (1975) in which p=1. We have obtained it by means a generalization of α-approach concept. This is applied to the subsystems obtained by a hierarchical decomposition of the n-bodies.
Using a relation between the largest and the smallest mutual distances in the three body problem given by Marchai and Bozis (1982), we can relate the hierarchical arrangement of the particles with the non-existence of α-approach. From this result we obtain a new set of sufficient initial conditions for escape in this problem.
- Escape of a Subsystem in a N-Body Problem. Application to the Three Body Problem
- Book Title
- Stability of the Solar System and Its Minor Natural and Artificial Bodies
- Book Part
- Part VII
- p 393
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- NATO ASI Series
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Series C: Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.