Metabolic processes in adventitious rooting of cuttings
- Bruce E. HaissigAffiliated withForestry Sciences Laboratory, USDA-Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
A cutting is in a thermodynamically unfavourable state from the time it is prepared . Part of the physical and physiological support, the root system, is gone. Only a new root system can restore ‘whole plant’ thermodynamics and sustain life. Altered metabolism in a cutting regenerates the root system.
- Metabolic processes in adventitious rooting of cuttings
- Book Title
- New Root Formation in Plants and Cuttings
- pp 141-189
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Developments in Plant and Soil Sciences
- Series Volume
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.