The University of Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science Volume 45, 1990, pp 343-356
Criticisms of the Usual Rationale for Validity in Mathematics
- Chandler Davis
- … show all 1 hide
This is simply an exposition by a working mathematician of a rather unusual attitude towards mathematics and “foundations”.
This is an edited version of a paper presented to the Philosophy Seminar, Institute of mathematics PAN, Warsaw, in March 1982.
- Browder, FE eds. (1976) Mathematical Developments Arising From Hilbert Problems. American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I.
- Davis, C Materialist Mathematics. In: Cohen, RS, Stachel, J, Wartofsky, MW eds. (1974) For Dirk Struik, Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science. Reidel, Dordrecht, Holland, pp. 37-66
- Mandelbrot, B (1977) Fractals: Form, Chance, and Dimension. W. H. Freeman, San Francisco
- Criticisms of the Usual Rationale for Validity in Mathematics
- Book Title
- Physicalism in Mathematics
- pp 343-356
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- The University of Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- A Series of Books in Philosophy of Science, Methodology, Epistemology, Logic, History of Science, and Related Fields
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.