The University of Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science Volume 45, 1990, pp 343-356
Criticisms of the Usual Rationale for Validity in Mathematics
- Chandler Davis
- … show all 1 hide
This is simply an exposition by a working mathematician of a rather unusual attitude towards mathematics and “foundations”.
This is an edited version of a paper presented to the Philosophy Seminar, Institute of mathematics PAN, Warsaw, in March 1982.
- Browder, Felix E. (ed.) [ 1976 ] Mathematical Developments Arising From Hilbert Problems, Providence, R.I.: American Mathematical Society.
- Davis, Chandler [ 1974 ] “Materialist Mathematics”, in R. S. Cohen, J. Stachel & M. W. Wartofsky (eds), For Dirk Struik, Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science, Vol. XV, Dordrecht, Holland: Reidel, 37–66.
- Mandelbrot, Benôit [ 1977 ] Fractals: Form, Chance, and Dimension, San Francisco: W. H. Freeman.
- Criticisms of the Usual Rationale for Validity in Mathematics
- Book Title
- Physicalism in Mathematics
- pp 343-356
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- The University of Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- A Series of Books in Philosophy of Science, Methodology, Epistemology, Logic, History of Science, and Related Fields
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.