Confidence Intervals from one Observation
- C. C. Rodríguez
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Robert Machol’s surprising result, that from a single observation it is possible to have finite length confidence intervals for the parameters of location-scale models, is re-produced and extended. Two previously unpublished modifications are included. First, Herbert Robbins non-parametric confidence interval is obtained. Second, I introduce a technique for obtaining confidence intervals for the scale parameter of finite length in the logarithmic metric.
- Confidence Intervals from one Observation
- Book Title
- Maximum Entropy and Bayesian Methods
- Book Subtitle
- Cambridge, England, 1994 Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Workshop on Maximum Entropy and Bayesian Methods
- pp 175-182
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Fundamental Theories of Physics
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- An International Book Series on The Fundamental Theories of Physics: Their Clarification, Development and Application
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.