On the Way to the Pervasive Web
- Antonio LiottaAffiliated withDepartment of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology Email author
- , George ExarchakosAffiliated withDepartment of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology
Web applications bring about extraordinary breakthroughs regarding our digital ecosystem. Pretty much anything with a chip and a radio interface can connect to the Web. However, many advocate a complete overhaul of the Internet as the only means to sustain innovation and productivity. Nobody knows what the next-generation of the Internet will look like; though important clues are visible as years of research have already generated phenomenal ideas. Together, we’ll bring a range of network mechanisms “out of the lab” that can make the Net more proactive, reactive, robust and, ultimately, more pervasive than it is today. Our journey starts by scrutinizing the inexorable transformation of Web Applications in order to unveil the intrinsic limitations of the Internet.
- On the Way to the Pervasive Web
- Book Title
- Networks for Pervasive Services
- Book Subtitle
- Six Ways to Upgrade the Internet
- pp 1-14
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.