A Study of the Kinetics of the Electrochemical Deposition of Ce3+/Ce4+ Oxides
- I. ValovAffiliated withInstitute of Solid State Research, Electronic Materials, Research Centre
- , Desislava GuergovaAffiliated withInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- , D. StoychevAffiliated withInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Email author
The kinetics of cathodic electrodeposition of Ce3+ and/or Ce4+ oxides from alcoholic electrolytes on gold substrates has been studied. It was found that, depending on the oxygen content in the CeCl3-based electrolyte, Ce2O3 (in oxygen atmosphere) or CeO2 (in an inert atmosphere), respectively, were obtained. XPS studies clearly separated the two valence states of Ce ions in the oxide layers. The microstructure of the coatings was analyzed by atomic force microscopy (AFM).
KeywordsElectrodeposition Cerium oxides Cathodic processes
- A Study of the Kinetics of the Electrochemical Deposition of Ce3+/Ce4+ Oxides
- Book Title
- Nanotechnological Basis for Advanced Sensors
- pp 167-172
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Cerium oxides
- Cathodic processes
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. , Inst. of Nanostructure Tech. & Analytics, University of Kassel
- ID2. , Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University "Sts. Cyril and Methodius"
- ID3. , Dept. of Mathematics and Natural Science, University of Kassel
- ID4. , Inst. of Nanostructure Technologies and, University of Kassel
- ID5. Technology & Metallurgy, Dept. Physics, University of Chemical
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Solid State Research, Electronic Materials, Research Centre, D-52425, Jülich, Germany
- 2. Institute of Physical Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, 1113, Bulgaria
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.