Rotor Dynamic Analysis Using ANSYS
- M. Santhosh Kumar
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The computer based codes for rotor dynamics evolved from tabular method, transfer matrix method and to finite element method. Recent trends in rotor dynamics analysis indicate a shift from beam to solid and shell models, which enable the classical finite element approach to be used in the design process. The application of the finite element method is a useful and important tool when the classic theory is difficult to use or apply.The ANSYS finite element programs are used extensively in many disciplines of engineering to solve variety of problems. Over the years, ANSYS mechanical program’s dynamics capabilities have evolved according to the emerging analysis needs, maturity of analysis methods and increasing computing power. The program’s rotor dynamic analysis technology has developed at a rapid pace to meet the requirements of Industry. This paper is devoted to discuss the various features available in ANSYS mechanical program to study the dynamic characteristics of rotors and their supporting systems.
- ANSYS Release: 12.0 Documentation & Rotor dynamics guide, ANSYS Inc. (2009)
- Nelson, H.D., McVaugh, J.M.: The dynamics of rotor-bearing system using finite elements. J. Eng. Ind. 98(2), 593–600 (1976) CrossRef
- Nelson, F.C.: A brief history of early rotor dynamics. Sound and Vibration 37, 8–11 (2003)
- Rotor Dynamic Analysis Using ANSYS
- Book Title
- IUTAM Symposium on Emerging Trends in Rotor Dynamics
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Emerging Trends in Rotor Dynamics, held in New Delhi, India, March 23 - March 26, 2009
- pp 153-162
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IUTAM Bookseries
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Critical speed
- Campbell diagram
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.