Ubiquitous Data Management in a Personal Information Environment
- Atif Farid MohammadAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, University of North Dakota Email author
This paper presents a novel research work on Personal Information Environment (PIE), which is a relatively new field to get explored. PIE is a self managing pervasive environment. It contains an individual’s personal pervasive information associated within user’s related or non-related contextual environments. Contexts are vitally important because they control, influence and affect everything within them by dominating its pervasive content(s). This paper shows in depth the achievement of Personal Information Environment, which deals with a user’s devices, which are to be spontaneous, readily self-manageable on autonomic basis. This paper shows an actual implementation of pervasive data management of a PIE-user, which contains append and update of PIE’s data from the last device used by the user to another PIE devices for further processing and storage needs. Data recharging is utilized to transmit and receive data among PIE devices.
- Ubiquitous Data Management in a Personal Information Environment
- Book Title
- Innovations in Computing Sciences and Software Engineering
- pp 17-22
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. School of Engineering, University of Bridgeport
- ID2. School of Engineering, University of Bridgeport
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Computer Science, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.