A WALE-Similarity Mixed Model for Large-Eddy Simulation of Wall Bounded Compressible Turbulent Flows
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95 *
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Wall-jet interaction is studied with Large Eddy Simulation (LES) in which a mixed similarity Sub-Grid Scale (SGS) closure is combined with the Wall-Adapting Local Eddy-viscosity (WALE) model for the eddy-viscosity term. Reduced macrotemperature and macropressure are introduced to deduce a weakly compressible form of the mixed similarity model and the relevant formulation for the energy equation is deduced accordingly. LES prediction capabilities are assessed by comparing flow statistical properties against experiment of an unconfined impinging round-jet at Reynolds number of 23,000 and 70,000.
Supplementary Material (0)
About this Chapter
- A WALE-Similarity Mixed Model for Large-Eddy Simulation of Wall Bounded Compressible Turbulent Flows
- Book Title
- Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation VII
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the Seventh International ERCOFTAC Workshop on Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation, held at the University of Trieste, September 8-10, 2008
- pp 563-569
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- ERCOFTAC Series
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. Dipto. Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale, Università di Trieste
- ID2. Fac. Mathematical Sciences, University of Twente
- ID3. Fak. Maschinenwesen, Inst. Energiemaschinen und, TU Dresden
- Author Affiliations
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.