New Developments in Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics
- Joseph J. Monaghan
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) is a Lagrangian particle method which is said to be the first of the meshless methods. The characteristic of these methods is that the interpolation uses a set of disordered points and the equations of motion appear similar to the equations of motion of a set of particles. The generic name, Smoothed Particle methods seems to capture these features nicely. A useful review of SPH (Monaghan (1992)) gives the basic technique, and how it can be applied to numerous problems relevant to astrophysics. There are some useful SPH programs on the Web one of which is Gadget. This code was written by astrophysicists but it is of general interest.
- Benz, W. and Asphaug, E. Icarus,107, 98, (1994)
- Benz, W. and Asphaug, E. Comp. Phys. Comm., 87, 253, (1995)
- Bonet, J. and Lok, T-S. L. Comp. Meth. App. Mech. and Eng. 180, 115, (1999).
- Eckart, C. Phys. Fluids, 3, 421, (1960)
- J. P. Gray, J. J. Monaghan, R. P. Swift Camp. Meth. App. Mech. and Eng. 190, 6641, (2001).
- Holm, D. D. Physica D, 133, 215, (1999)
- Monaghan, J.J. Jour. Computat. Phys., 64, 2, (1989)
- Monaghan, J.J. Ann. Rev. Astron. Ap., 30, 543, (1992)
- P. Cleary and J. J. Monaghan J. Computat. Phys. 148, 227–264, (1999).
- J. J. Monaghan and A. Kos J. Waterways, Ports, Coastal and Ocean Eng. 125, 145–154, (1999).
- J. J. Monaghan and A. Kos Phys. of Fluids A. 12, 622–630, (2000).
- J. J. Monaghan J. Computat. Phys. 159, 290–311, (2000).
- J. J. Monaghan and D. L. Price Mon. Not. Roy. Astra. Soc 328, 381, (2001).
- H. Wozniakowski, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 24, 185, (1991).
- New Developments in Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics
- Book Title
- Meshfree Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- pp 281-290
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.