Pharmacological Investigations and Toxicity Studies
- Vartika JainAffiliated withDepartment of Botany, University College of Science, Mohanlal Sukhadia University
- , Surendra K. VermaAffiliated withIndigenous Drug Research Centre, Department of Medicine, RNT Medical College
Red Silk-Cotton tree has been scrutinized for its pharmacology in various parts of the world. Different parts of Bombax ceiba has shown to possess many biological properties predominantly antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anabolic, hepatoprotective, hypotensive and hypoglycemic activities. It has proved to be safe in various toxicity studies. However, it still needs extensive scientific exploration.
KeywordsAntioxidant Antimicrobial Antitumor Anabolic Hepatoprotective Hypotensive Hypoglycemic
- Pharmacological Investigations and Toxicity Studies
- Book Title
- Pharmacology of Bombax ceiba Linn.
- pp 51-67
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- SpringerBriefs in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.