Efficient Computation of Dominance in Component Systems (Short Paper)
- Jaap BoenderAffiliated withUniv Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, PPS, UMR 7126 CNRS
To deal with the complexity of modern systems, they are split up into components. These components use metadata to specify whether they need other components to function correctly (dependencies) or whether they cannot function with other components (conflicts).
In previous work, we have presented component relationships that are more useful for analysis than those specified in the metadata: strong dependencies that identify components that are absolutely necessary, and dominance that allows us to gain insight in the structure of a component system by identifying clusters of related packages.
In this paper, we present an efficient way of computing this dominance relationship, by exploiting its similarity to the concept of dominance already known in the field of control flow graphs.
- Efficient Computation of Dominance in Component Systems (Short Paper)
- Book Title
- Software Engineering and Formal Methods
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Conference, SEFM 2011, Montevideo, Uruguay, November 14-18, 2011. Proceedings
- pp 399-406
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Fundación IMDEA Software, Facultad de Informatica (UPM)
- 17. Instituto de Computación, Universidad de la República, Facultad de Ingeniería
- 18. Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chalmers | University of Gothenburg
- Jaap Boender (19)
- Author Affiliations
- 19. Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, PPS, UMR 7126 CNRS, F-75205, Paris, France
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.