Deep Ultraviolet Light-Emitting Diodes
- Michael ShurAffiliated withDepartment of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Email author
- , Max ShatalovAffiliated withSensor Electronic Technology, Inc.
- , Alex DobrinskyAffiliated withSensor Electronic Technology, Inc.
- , Remis GaskaAffiliated withSensor Electronic Technology, Inc.
A review is given of the current state-of-the-art in nitride-based UV light-emitting diodes. We begin with a summary of applications for these compact light sources and then detail recent improvements in the quality of epitaxial wafers and optimization of the structure design that have enabled increases in the DUV LED device area while retaining reasonable quantum efficiency at low current densities.
- Deep Ultraviolet Light-Emitting Diodes
- Book Title
- GaN and ZnO-based Materials and Devices
- pp 83-120
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Springer Series in Materials Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Stephen Pearton (ID1)
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. , Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 12180, USA
- 2. Sensor Electronic Technology, Inc., Columbia, SC, 29209, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.