New Developments in Leakage-Resilient Cryptography
- Vinod Vaikuntanathan
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Much of modern cryptography is predicated on the assumption that users have secrets which are generated using perfect randomness, and kept perfectly secret from an attacker. The attacker is then constrained to black-box (input/output) access to the user’s program. In reality, neither assumption holds, as evidenced by numerous side-channel attacks that have surfaced over the last few decades.
This leads naturally to the question – is it possible to secure cryptography against general types of information leakage at a fundamental, algorithmic level (as opposed to, say, solutions for specific attacks)? This is the goal of leakage-resilient cryptography.
In this talk, we will survey recent developments in leakage-resilient cryptography, including definitions and constructions of various cryptographic primitives secure against general forms of leakage. We will place particular emphasis on the new tools and techniques that we have developed to handle information leakage, as well as the relation between leakage-resilience and other questions in cryptography.
- New Developments in Leakage-Resilient Cryptography
- Book Title
- Public Key Cryptography – PKC 2011
- Book Subtitle
- 14th International Conference on Practice and Theory in Public Key Cryptography, Taormina, Italy, March 6-9, 2011. Proceedings
- p 283
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- International Association for Cryptologic Research
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Università di Catania
- 17. City University of New York
- 18. IBM T.J. Watson Research Center Hawthorne
- 19. Stevens Institute of Technology
- Vinod Vaikuntanathan (20)
- Author Affiliations
- 20. Microsoft Research, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.