Using High Dimensions to Compare Drawings of Graphs
- Stina Bridgeman
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We describe a simple visualization technique which allows a user to quickly assess the overall similarity of drawings of similar graphs, and to easily find regions of stability and of change. It can be used to simultaneously compare any number of drawings, and does not require that the layouts be adjusted to minimize changes.
The underlying idea - grouping vertices whose relative positions undergo little change - is shared by the animation technique of Friedrich and Houle , but both our approach to identifying such groups (visually via planes in high dimensions) and our application (comparing drawings) are quite different.
- Using High Dimensions to Compare Drawings of Graphs
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- 17th International Symposium, GD 2009, Chicago, IL, USA, September 22-25, 2009. Revised Papers
- pp 408-410
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Computer Science Department, University of California
- 17. AT&T Labs - Research
- Stina Bridgeman (18)
- Author Affiliations
- 18. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, NY 14456
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.