Provably Secure Code-Based Threshold Ring Signatures
- Léonard DallotAffiliated withGREYC – UMR 6072, Université de Caen
- , Damien VergnaudAffiliated withEcole Normale Supérieure, C.N.R.S. – I.N.R.I.A.
A threshold ring signature scheme enables a set of users to sign a message such that a finite set of possible signers (the ring) is identified, without revealing which subset of ring members actually produced the signature. A recent proposal of Aguillar et al. introduced the first code-based threshold ring signature scheme which large signatures (about 20KBytes per member of the ring for 80-bit security).
We propose a new code-based threshold ring signature scheme that achieves small signature size of 675N − 228ℓ bits, where N is the number of members in the ring and ℓ is the number of signers, for a security level of 80 bits. We give a security proof of our scheme whose security relies — in both random oracle and ideal cipher models — on two coding theory problems, making our scheme the first provably secure code-based threshold ring signature scheme. Unfortunately, as often in code-based cryptography, the presented scheme leads to very large public keys.
- Provably Secure Code-Based Threshold Ring Signatures
- Book Title
- Cryptography and Coding
- Book Subtitle
- 12th IMA International Conference, Cryptography and Coding 2009, Cirencester, UK, December 15-17, 2009. Proceedings
- pp 222-235
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Matthew G. Parker (16)
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. The Selmer Centre Department of Informatics, University of Bergen
- Author Affiliations
- 17. GREYC – UMR 6072, Université de Caen, Campus Côte de Nacre, Boulevard du Maréchal Juin, 14050, Caen Cedex, France
- 18. Ecole Normale Supérieure, C.N.R.S. – I.N.R.I.A., 45, Rue d’Ulm, 75230, Paris CEDEX 05, France
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.