Environmental Finance Through the Financial Sector – An Approach with Growing Potential – Experiences of KfW Entwicklungsbank
- Klaus PfeifferAffiliated withKfW Development Bank
- , Matthias AdlerAffiliated withKfW Development Bank
- , Constanze KreissAffiliated withKfW Development Bank
During the last two decades, it has been widely acknowledged that financial sector promotion is an instrument that is well-suited to help achieve the Millennium Development Goals, particularly by increasing poor people’s income, by fostering the economic growth necessary to fight poverty and by contributing more directly to gender equality. However, the financial sector also has a huge potential to help protect the environment (MDGs 7 and 8).
- Environmental Finance Through the Financial Sector – An Approach with Growing Potential – Experiences of KfW Entwicklungsbank
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 241-246
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.