Microfinance and Climate Change: Threats and Opportunities
- Paul RippeyAffiliated withClimate Change and Microfinance
Changes to the world’s climate that were once imperceptibly slow are now clearly visible and happening quickly. Dying coral reefs, the disappearing arctic ice sheet, and proliferating invasive insects in temperate zone forests are among the most visible signs, but countless less dramatic phenomena show that climate change is real. The changing climate is part of a new global environment that impacts all countries, economies, sectors, and people. Microfinance, like everything else, will not be spared.
- Microfinance and Climate Change: Threats and Opportunities
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 215-239
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.