Trading of Emission Certificates for Climate Protection: Using Markets and Private Capital for Development
- Rainer Durth
- … show all 1 hide
Download Chapter (539 KB)
The realisation that climate change is caused and can also be stopped by humankind gained increasing recognition in 2007. The magic threshold up to which an increase in the average global temperature is considered to be still tolerable is between 2° and 3° Celsius. If this threshold is exceeded, the consequences are significant and almost impossible to control. In order to avoid this, greenhouse gas emissions will have to be cut in half against 1990 emission levels over the next 40 years around the globe. To achieve this, the European Union set itself ambitious goals in early 2007.
- Trading of Emission Certificates for Climate Protection: Using Markets and Private Capital for Development
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 207-213
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.