The Roles of Weather Insurance and the Carbon Market
- Jerry R. SkeesAffiliated withGlobalAgRisk, Inc.
- , Benjamin CollierAffiliated withGlobalAgRisk, Inc.
This chapter discusses two financial markets — the carbon and weather markets — and their potential role in helping stakeholders address climate change more effectively. While this chapter focuses on how these markets can benefit the poor in developing countries, it also examines the major constraints that must be addressed before the poor can gain access to carbon and weather markets. It also suggests how governments and donors might effectively facilitate sustainable carbon and weather market activity in developing countries.
- The Roles of Weather Insurance and the Carbon Market
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 111-164
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.