Mainstreaming Environmental Finance into Financial Markets – Relevance, Potential and Obstacles
- Peter LindleinAffiliated withiCee GmbH
Mainstreaming environmental finance widens the utilisation of existing instruments and extends them to environmentally beneficial activities. The objective is to serve clients in ways that make environmental finance a normal set of retail products. The sheer number of households and MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) give providers the weight and opportunity to address environmental concerns. Financial institutions have a key role in environmental finance in ways that ensure sustainable development (Millennium Development Goal 7).
- Mainstreaming Environmental Finance into Financial Markets – Relevance, Potential and Obstacles
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 1-30
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.