Mainstreaming Environmental Finance into Financial Markets – Relevance, Potential and Obstacles
- Peter Lindlein
- … show all 1 hide
Mainstreaming environmental finance widens the utilisation of existing instruments and extends them to environmentally beneficial activities. The objective is to serve clients in ways that make environmental finance a normal set of retail products. The sheer number of households and MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) give providers the weight and opportunity to address environmental concerns. Financial institutions have a key role in environmental finance in ways that ensure sustainable development (Millennium Development Goal 7).
- Mainstreaming Environmental Finance into Financial Markets – Relevance, Potential and Obstacles
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Book Title
- Greening the Financial Sector
- Book Subtitle
- How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries
- pp 1-30
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s)
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.