State-Based Regression with Sensing and Knowledge
- Richard ScherlAffiliated withCS Department, Monmouth University
- , Cao Son TranAffiliated withCS Department, New Mexico State U.
- , Chitta BaralAffiliated withCS and Engineering, Arizona State U.
This paper develops a state-based regression method for planning domains with sensing operators and a representation of the knowledge of the planning agent. The language includes primitive actions, sensing actions, and conditional plans. We prove the soundness and completeness of the regression formulation with respect to the definition of progression and the semantics of a propositional modal logic of knowledge. It is our expectation that this work will serve as the foundation for the extension of recently successful work on state-based regression planning to include sensing and knowledge as well.
KeywordsRegression Plans Knowledge Sensing
- State-Based Regression with Sensing and Knowledge
- Book Title
- PRICAI 2008: Trends in Artificial Intelligence
- Book Subtitle
- 10th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Hanoi, Vietnam, December 15-19, 2008. Proceedings
- pp 345-357
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- 2. Department of Computer Science & Technology, Nanjing University
- Author Affiliations
- 3. CS Department, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ,
- 4. CS Department, New Mexico State U., Las Cruses, NM
- 5. CS and Engineering, Arizona State U., Tempe, AZ,
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.