Modeling Services – An Inter-disciplinary Perspective
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Service engineering is receiving increasing attention in both the service economics and service computing communities. This trend is due to two observations:
1. From an economics viewpoint, services today are contributing the majority of jobs, GDP, and productivity growth in Europe and in other countries worldwide. This includes all activities by service sector firms, services associated with physical goods production, as well as services of the public sector.
2. From an ICT viewpoint, the evolution of the Internet enables the provision of software-as-a-service on the Web, and is thus changing the way distributed computing systems are being architected. Software systems are designed as service-oriented computing architectures consisting of loosely-coupled software components and data resources that are accessible using standard Web technology.
- Modeling Services – An Inter-disciplinary Perspective
- Book Title
- Model-Based Software and Data Integration
- Book Subtitle
- First International Workshop, MBSDI 2008, Berlin, Germany, April 1-3, 2008. Proceedings
- pp 8-11
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Communications in Computer and Information Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.