Enhancing an Open Source Resource Manager with Multi-core/Multi-threaded Support
- Susanne M. BalleAffiliated withHigh Performance Computing Division, Hewlett-Packard Corp.
- , Daniel J. PalermoAffiliated withHigh Performance Computing Division, Hewlett-Packard Corp.
Current resource managers do not have adequate node allocation and distribution strategies to efficiently schedule jobs on multi-core multi-threaded systems. Clusters composed of multiple cores per processor as well as multiple processors per node are presenting new challenges to users when trying to run their program efficiently on this class of machines. New allocation algorithms and their respective user interfaces need to be devised to ensure minimum contention for cache and memory, reduced on-chip contention, etc. as well as evaluate trade-offs between resource contentions.
- Enhancing an Open Source Resource Manager with Multi-core/Multi-threaded Support
- Book Title
- Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing
- Book Subtitle
- 13th International Workshop, JSSPP 2007, Seattle, WA, USA, June 17, 2007. Revised Papers
- pp 37-50
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.