Information Hiding in the Join Calculus
- Qin MaAffiliated withOFFIS
- , Luc MarangetAffiliated withINRIA-Rocquencourt, BP 105, 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
We aim to provide information hiding support in concurrent object-oriented programming languages. We study this issue both at the object level and the class level, in the context of an object-oriented extension of Join — a process calculus in the tradition of the π-calculus.
In this extended abstract, we focus on the class level and design a new hiding operation on classes. The purpose of this operation is to prevent part of parent classes from being visible in client (inheriting) classes. We define its formal semantics in terms of α-converting hidden names to fresh names, and its typing in terms of eliminating hidden names from class types.
- Information Hiding in the Join Calculus
- Book Title
- Advances in Computer Science - ASIAN 2006. Secure Software and Related Issues
- Book Subtitle
- 11th Asian Computing Science Conference, Tokyo, Japan, December 6-8, 2006, Revised Selected Papers
- pp 240-247
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.