Early Aspects: Are There Any Other Kind?
- Awais Rashid
- … show all 1 hide
This article summarises the discussions that took place as part of a panel at the 10th Early Aspects workshop held in conjunction with the 6th International Conference on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (AOSD ’07), Vancouver, BC, Canada. The panel was chaired by Awais Rashid. The panelists included: Maja D’Hondt, Anthony Finkelstein, Gregor Kiczales and Ana Moreira. The discussions focused on understanding the relationship between early aspects and those that are tackled by aspect-oriented designs and programs. The panel concluded that there was a gap between problem understanding that is the focus of early aspects and problem solving which is the goal of aspect-oriented design and programming approaches. This gap needs to be bridged in order to address the modularity mismatch problem which compounds the complexity of modern software-based systems.
- Baniassad, E.L.A., Clements, P., Araujo, J., Moreira, A., Rashid, A., Tekinerdogan, B.: Discovering Early Aspects. IEEE Software 23(1), 61–69 (2006) CrossRef
- Rashid, A., Moreira, A.: Domain Models are NOT Aspect Free. In: Nierstrasz, O., Whittle, J., Harel, D., Reggio, G. (eds.) MoDELS 2006. LNCS, vol. 4199, pp. 155–169. Springer, Heidelberg (2006) CrossRef
- Rashid, A., Sawyer, P., Moreira, A., Araujo, J.: Early Aspects: A Model for Aspect-Oriented Requirements Engineering. In: IEEE Joint International Conference on Requirements Engineering, pp. 199–202. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2002) CrossRef
- Steimann, F.: Domain Models are Aspect Free. In: Briand, L.C., Williams, C. (eds.) MoDELS 2005. LNCS, vol. 3713, pp. 171–185. Springer, Heidelberg (2005) CrossRef
- Early Aspects: Are There Any Other Kind?
- Book Title
- Early Aspects: Current Challenges and Future Directions
- Book Subtitle
- 10th International Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, March 13, 2007, Revised Selected Papers
- pp 195-198
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.