Self-stabilization and Virtual Node Layer Emulations
- Tina NolteAffiliated withMIT CSAIL, Cambridge, MA
- , Nancy LynchAffiliated withMIT CSAIL, Cambridge, MA
We present formal definitions of stabilization for the Timed I/O Automata (TIOA) framework, and of emulation for the timed Virtual Stationary Automata programming abstraction layer, which consists of mobile clients, virtual timed machines called virtual stationary automata (VSAs), and a local broadcast service connecting VSAs and mobile clients. We then describe what it means for mobile nodes with access to location and clock information to emulate the VSA layer in a self-stabilizing manner. We use these definitions to prove basic results about executions of self-stabilizing algorithms run on self-stabilizing emulations of a VSA layer, and apply these results to a simple geographic routing algorithm running on the VSA layer.
Keywords: self-stabilization, virtual stationary automata, virtual node layer, geocast, abstraction layer emulation, mobile ad-hoc networking, TIOA.
- Self-stabilization and Virtual Node Layer Emulations
- Book Title
- Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Symposium, SSS 2007 Paris, France, November 14-16, 2007 Proceedings
- pp 394-408
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.