- Kurt BucherAffiliated withMineralogy Geochemistry, University Freiburg Email author
- , Rodney GrapesAffiliated withDepartment of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Korea University
This chapter deals with the descriptive characterization of metamorphic rocks. Metamorphic rocks are derived from other rocks of igneous, sedimentary or metamorphic origin. The chemical composition of this primary material (=protolith) determines the chemical and mineralogical composition of metamorphic rocks to a large degree. The compositional variation found in the primary material of metamorphic rocks is reviewed in Sect. 2.1.
- Metamorphic Rocks
- Book Title
- Petrogenesis of Metamorphic Rocks
- pp 21-56
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.