- Andrew ButterfieldAffiliated withTrinity College Dublin
- , Adnan SherifAffiliated withUniversidade Federal de Pernambuco
- , Jim WoodcockAffiliated withUniversity of York
We present a generic framework of UTP theories for describing systems whose behaviour is characterised by regular time-slots, compatible with the general structure of the Circus language [WC01a]. This “slotted-Circus” framework is parameterised by the particular way in which event histories are observable within a time-slot, and specifies what laws a desired parameterisation must obey in order for a satisfactory theory to emerge.
Two key results of this work are: the need to be very careful in formulating the healthiness conditions, particularly R2 ; and the demonstration that synchronous theories like SCSP [Bar93] do not fit well with the way reactive systems are currently formulated in UTP and Circus.
- Book Title
- Integrated Formal Methods
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, IFM 2007, Oxford, UK, July 2-5, 2007. Proceedings
- pp 75-97
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.