Use of the Fourier Transform in the Distributions Sense for Creation Numerical Algorithms for Cone-Beam Tomography
- O. E. Trofimov
- … show all 1 hide
Let the homogeneous of L degree function g(x) be defined in Ndimensional space, and let the function G(y) be its Fourier transform in the distribution sense. The theorem that allows to present the function G(y) using only the values of function g(x) on the unit sphere is proved in the chapter for the case L > −N. The case N=3 and L = −1 corresponds to the properties of beam transform in 3D space. In the chapter it is shown how the theorem may be used for creation of numerical algorithms for cone-beam tomography.
Let the homogeneous of L degree function g(x) be defined in N-dimensional space, and let the function G(y) be its Fourier transform. In view of homogeneity, the function g(x) and its Fourier transform in sense of distributions are defined by their values on the unit sphere [GS00]. We will prove the theorem that allows to present the function G(y) using only the value of function g(x) on the unit sphere for the case L > −N.
- Gelfand, I.M. and Shilov, G.E. Distributions, v.1, Distributions and Actions over them. Moscow.2000.
- Lavrentiev M.M., Zerkal S.M., Trofimov O.E. Computer Modelling in Tomography and Ill-Posed Problems, VSP (The Netherlands), 2001, 128 pp.
- F. Natterer, The Mathematics of Computerized Tomography. B.G. Teubner, Stutgart, and John Willey & Sons Ltd, 1986.
- Trofimov O.E. On Fourier Transform of a Class of Generalized Homogeneous Functions. Siberian Journal of Industrial Mathematics, 2004. Vol. 7, No. 1. pp. 30-34. (in Russian)
- Tuy H. K., An Inversion Formula for Cone-beam Reconstruction. SIAM. J. APPL. MATH. 1983, vol. 43, N 3, PP. 546-552. CrossRef
- Use of the Fourier Transform in the Distributions Sense for Creation Numerical Algorithms for Cone-Beam Tomography
- Book Title
- Progress in Industrial Mathematics at ECMI 2006
- Book Part
- pp 873-876
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Mathematics in Industry
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- The European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.