Efficient Reed-Solomon Iterative Decoder Using Galois Field Instruction Set
- Daniel IancuAffiliated withSandbridge Technologies Inc.
- , Mayan MoudgillAffiliated withSandbridge Technologies Inc.
- , John GlossnerAffiliated withSandbridge Technologies Inc.
- , Jarmo TakalaAffiliated withTampere University of Technology
This paper presents a computationally efficient iterative Reed-Solomon (RS) decoder, which is suitable for software implementations on processors with instruction extensions for Galois field multiplication. Simulation models of proposed instructions were included into a processor simulator and performance of RS decoding was analyzed. The method has been validated for both Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB-T/H) and WiMAX and the method provides a total link budget improvement of up to 1 dB.
- Efficient Reed-Solomon Iterative Decoder Using Galois Field Instruction Set
- Book Title
- Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation
- Book Subtitle
- 8th International Workshop, SAMOS 2008, Samos, Greece, July 21-24, 2008. Proceedings
- pp 126-135
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Sandbridge Technologies Inc., 120 White Plains Rd, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
- 2. Tampere University of Technology, Korkeakoulunkatu 1, 33720, Tampere, Finland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.