Building and Linking a Metaphor: Finding Value!
Initially System Metaphor was included as one of twelve practices of Extreme Programming (XP) to facilitate participants’ common understanding and description of the problem under consideration. However, the practice was removed in the second version of XP as practitioners found it difficult to understand, devise and link it to implementation activities. This poster describes how a metaphor can be constructed and linked to development by using practices associated with Soft Systems Methodology (SSM). Initial, positive, feedback from an educational exercise is presented.
- Building and Linking a Metaphor: Finding Value!
- Book Title
- Agile Processes in Software Engineering and Extreme Programming
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Conference, XP 2008, Limerick, Ireland, June 10-14, 2008. Proceedings
- pp 210-211
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Soft Systems Methodology (SSM)
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Computing and Mathematics, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland
- 2. School of Information and Software Engineering, University of Ulster, Coleraine, BT52 1SA, UK
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.